Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes

8:53:00 PM

Hello Summer! I've been back from college for just about three days and I am already getting busy in the kitchen, surprise, surprise. All of Spring semester I would see lemon poppy seed this and lemon poppy seed that as I scrolled through my Pinterest feed (most likely while laying on the quad or taking one too many "study breaks" in the library). I love all things lemon flavored and was eager to get baking but I didn't have a kitchen! Worst case scenario, I know. The craze was taunting me. Well, the wait is finally over, and the deed is done. I have created a healthy lemon poppy seed pancake recipe perfect for any summer occasion. 

Brunch is hands down the best meal. That is why I figured these pancakes would be best enjoyed on a brunch picnic with friends! They were a hit. Try pairing them with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla yogurt. If you're like me and think that things taste better with "chunks" (LOL) then I highly recommend sprinkling yogurt chips or white chocolate chips in the batter for an added surprise! 

These lemon poppy seed pancakes can be easily made gluten free if you swap the regular flour with your preferred gluten free flour. Additionally, feel free to substitute out the the butter for coconut oil for a dairy free option!


Recipe

Ingredients


  • 1 1/2 cup oat flour (simply grind oats until fine!)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 3 tbsp ground flax seed
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp lemon curd (can be found at Trader Joe's)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp melted butter (or coconut oil) 

Directions 

In a large mixing bowl, combine all oat flour, flour, flax, baking powder, and salt. In a medium size bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon curd, milk, and butter. Pour wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour batter into desired sized circles on a greased and heated pan. Flip when bubbles start to form. Pancakes will be done when both sides are golden brown. Enjoy with desired toppings!









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright Natalie Denny 2018. Powered by Blogger.